The project “Generation of tools and PROcesses for Studies of compaTibility and security in radiation tests – PROST” has been co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), through the “Smart Growth Operational Program 2014-2020” and the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, through the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI), with File number ITC-20151032.
In the PROST project TTI Norte (Coordinator), Airbus DS and Skylife Engineering participate.
The main objective of this project is to develop the necessary elements to electronically simulate a radiofrequency signal that tests the entire acceptable dynamic range of reception power of an aircraft radar, ensuring its perfect installation and guaranteeing the results of the tests that will subsequently be carried out in flight, all while maintaining the safety of operators and engineers.
Capacities for the complete testing of the meteorological radar inside the hangar used in aeronautical installations.
Design and development of an absorbent hood to provide safe indoor test conditions.
Implementation of a GUI software for the simulation of atmospheric scenarios.
Development of an electronic system to generate an echo for the weather radar.
Development of an array of antennas and RF system to generate an echo that is represented on the radar screen installed on the aircraft.
- Portable test medium to test RF communications of the aircraft.
- Increase test capabilities and their quality.
- Be able to test the characteristics of the weather radar within the FAL.
- Beacon detection (beacon).
- Radar sensitivity.
- Radar range.
- Reduction in the time required for testing.
- Early detection of errors.
- Avoid delays until the plane can fly.
- Saving time and money during the test processes.
Processes for compaibiliTy Studies and safety in radiation tests
System for functional tests of the meteorological radar of the C-295
Is distinguished by:
- Performed indoor, long before the first flight tests
- It requires an anechoic chamber capable of absorbing the power emitted by the radar, and ensuring a safe working environment.
- Implementation of a SW for the simulation of atmospheric scenarios.
- Design of an electronic system capable of generating the radar echo corresponding to the scene and the RF system and antenna to transmit the echo back to the radar.
- Bell attenuation capabilities successfully tested
- RF systems tested successfully
- Digital processing system successfully tested:
- ECO smart
- Beacon generation (beacon) 6-pulses and 2-pulses
- Functional alpha version of the HMI
- HMI-HW protocol in development
- CATSBUS protocol in development
- Integration phase already started
Sistema de procesado digital ya testado:
Whites near and far