Skylife Engineering was a partner in Project AWIMAS (Aeronautic Wiring Management System) in a highly skilled consortium led by Airbus.
The aim of AWIMAS was to design and develop an industrial digital replica for aircraft wiring management.
This digital replica contains the data and attributes required so it can be manufactured, simulated and tested from an electrical point of view.
The prototype was intended to make use of the Industrial Digital Mock-Up Units available as the only source of data, not only for the definition of the products, but also for the definition of processes, and even for the integration of the productive environment.
The benefits associated are optimized manufacturing and assembly processes that maximize efficiency, resulting in an improvement in the achievement of first-time quality products and competitiveness.
Skylife Engineering was the leader of following activities related to Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality systems for assembly of cockpit control units and location of electrical faults in the fuselage.
- Guided HMI and verification
- Connection with the manufacturing test bench.
- Availability of statistics and automatic reports.
- Guaranteed manufacturing quality through a guided and verified automatic process.
- Improvement of manufacturing efficiency and productivity
Skylife Engineering also led the development of electrical continuity analysis tools for aircraft wiring systems that will be applied to:
- Wiring and harness manufacturing.
- Assembly of electrical systems.
In addition, reflectometry techniques in the time domain are used to improve the reliability of aircraft wiring and facilitate troubleshooting.